Some of you may know that I have wanted to adopt 2 little girls since adoption became an option for our family. I have wanted this so much that I've had both their names picked out since we started the process. Kaycee obviously first (K for Kierstin and C for Chris) and then Jenna which is my way of trying to combine Chris' mom's name Janet and my mom's name Jean. Anyhow, my husband has not really been on board with a 4th child. He loves all our kids and being a dad so much but he has been saying 3 is enough. Well, 3 is enough but I want 4. I promised him I'd be done with 4. I always dreamed of 4 by 40 ( 4 kids before I turn 40-- I'll be 40 in April 2013) I look at families of 4 and just love them and want that! A few weeks ago when Kaycee turned one Chris and I sat down and talked, prayed and cried about it. We could not agree. He said "Give me one good reason to have (adopt) another child." I gave him the following list:
1)And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.
2) Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.
3)When you are harvesting your crops and forget to bring in a bundle of grain from your field, don’t go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigners, orphans, and widows. Then the LORD your God will bless you in all you do.
4)Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD.
5) Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true, there is life and joy.
6)Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress.
7) We have a genuine love for children
8) We have an empty seat in out minivan
9) We are great parents
10) We are spiritual parents and instill the love of God in our children
11) We can financially afford it
12) Kaycee can have a sister-- there is a special bond between sisters
13) Kaycee won't be the only one in our family that looks different
14) We have room in our home for one more
15) We have all the supplies we need-- clothing, bottle, etc. for one more
16) I love being a mom and want to share my love one more time
17) Our kids are great siblings and are looking forward to another sister
18) We have a supportive extended family that another baby would be loved on and welcomed into
19) We have an awesome network of adoptive friends and christian friends that will love on another child of ours and support us with prayers and love
20) Finally, it has been my dream since before we got married to have four children
He said it would have to take God changing his heart and he just wasn't there. I was devastated. I know it may sound silly but I really felt like I had another miscarriage and had to give up the dream of another baby girl. Heck, I had been praying for the past year for him to change his mind!! Anyhow, Sunday during church the reading was Matthew 25: 14-30-- The Parable of the Bags of Gold. After church we always walk the kids over to the statue of the Virgin Mary and say a prayer. There with tears in his eyes, my husband said God spoke to him today during mass. It was the sign he's been looking for. The parable taught us that we have the opportunity to multiply what Christ has entrusted to us. He said yes-- we can adopt a final child to complete our family in 2012!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I just saw the double line on the pregnancy test stick!!