Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Meeting one amazing woman

Today we met with Kaycee's birth mom (KBM)! I was nervous, excited, anxious and just ready for it by 11 am!! I made a little video of the boys saying a special message to KBM yesterday with my ipod and brought that with us. I also brought a few of my Shutterfly books of the boys to show her my hobby and tell her I'd make ones for Kaycee and I could send her copies if she'd like. I was glad I had those things because they were good icebreakers. She was quiet and teary initially (understandable) but then we just got chatting and it was great! The birth mom counselor was also there along with another social worker to help us if we needed but we really didn't need anything. It was nice to have them there for support though. KBM said she'd have someone call us when she is admitted to the hospital so we can be there when Kaycee is born! I told her I'd be happy to hold her hand during delivery or be outside-- which ever she felt more comfortable! She is such a beautiful person inside and out and we are sooooo blessed!! Now we try to get things organized around here and wait for the call that Kaycee is on her way! God is GREAT!!!

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you! We are praying for you, your family, KBM and Kaycee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderuflly amazing! God is GREAT! Will continue to lift up the expectant mom in prayer and pray for a smooth transition. Cannot wait to "meet" baby Kaycee for the first time! So happy for all of you! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete